Thursday, January 1, 2009

Too Good to be True

Sigh. Hadrian came back home today. He made it 24 hours in his new house before the woman decided she could not handle a dog like Hay. She not only found out she is allergic to him, but he also drives her nuts with his obsessive barking at the cat. Even putting them in separate rooms would not stop him from barking, and she didn't know what to do. So home he came, and now I am thinking maybe the problem with Hadrian isn't completely with me. Maybe he is a bit neurotic and obsessive, maybe he is a bit obnoxious, and maybe he is a bit of trouble. Nate wants to keep him and try to make it work, but I very much have my doubts. I shall try, though.

On a different subject, Happy New Year! We had a nice New Year's Eve, with the kids having some friends over and lots of snacks. Our house was so loud last night, it was awesome. The kids were incredibly thrilled with their party, and it gave me such a feeling of satisfaction to know that moving to ABQ made this possible for them.

This morning after all the kids had gone home, I gave G and M a bath. While I was occupied with them in the tub, O took it upon himself to clean up the house. And clean it he did! It was sparkling when I came down, with all the dishes put away, the trash picked up, the toys put away, the blanket folded on the sofa, and a cute little note on the table that said, "Clean by O". I got all teary-eyed and proud of my son- he is an amazing, compassionate individual and I am so glad that he is in my life.

No comments: