Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 34 today, woohoo! It was an excellent birthday that I thoroughly enjoyed. I did laundry, washed dishes, finished painting one of the bathrooms, and ran errands. I know, I do most all of that every day. But the simple fact that it was my birthday made all of these things extra special. I also spent a couple hours on the phone with my oldest sister, another half hour with the middle sister, and had a nice chat with my Dad.

As for presents, Nate bought me an amazing gift- a Vitamix blender. I have lusted after one of these for years, and will be receiving mine on Saturday. I am really looking forward to trying out some Green Smoothies, and making fabulous salad dressings and sauces in it. Considering that I use my blender at least twice a day, and often 3 or 4 times, this is a good investment for me.

One really cool thing I have noticed about getting older is that my life keeps getting better and better. Or maybe it's more that I like myself better and better, or feel more comfortable in my skin. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I do know that my 30's have been more satisfying for me than my 20's. I have heard that this tends to be true for women- their quality of life goes up as they age, and they report more satisfaction with their lives as time goes by. It's not so bad getting older- especially since I got carded the other day! I must look halfway decent for a 30-something.

1 comment:

princessbride said...

Happy Birthday! Keep your eye open for the mail ;D
And I envy you. It's been a long time since I've been carded.......