Monday, January 19, 2009

I Can't Believe I Am Doing This

I am going to complain about my house. Yes, my beloved dream home, with room enough for my large family and all of our things. I still love my home- I love the layout, the space, the colors, everything. Well, everything except one thing- my carpet. I have cut berber carpet throughout the house, and it is gorgeous carpet. Light beige with little spots of dark color here and there that is perfect for kids. It's also neutral enough that it goes with all of the many colors on our walls, and is chameleon-like in it's ability to be cool or warm toned based on the colors around it.

So what could I possibly not like about it? It is rough on my socks. The fibers are rather "grabby" and as I go about the house during the day in my sock feet, it wears through them rather quickly. I think I get maybe a half dozen wears from each pair of socks before the carpet wears a hole in them. Hubby suggested house slippers, which I did purchase, but I forget to put them on and end up ruining my socks. It's too cold this time of year to go barefoot, and we don't wear shoes in the house. What's a girl to do? I guess buy her socks in bulk at Wal*Mart.

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

lol...you're funny! I wish I could run around in stocking feet, my feet get cold and I just need the support of a tennis shoe otherwise my legs hurt.

You'll have to get socks with treds on the bottom like the newly walking babies have!

princessbride said...

Did you see my second to last post? Trade you.