Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss M!

My little girl turned 4 the other day, and she had a terrific birthday. M was pleased to have Grandma E and Aunt D here for a visit on her birthday, and she received wonderful gifts from all of our family.


Her cake was a definite highlight! She asked for strawberry, but no one really likes strawberry cake, now do they? So I was a bit sneaky and colored a white cake pink and then frosted it with vanilla butter cream. When we cut into it, it was this gorgeous pink color with thick white frosting, and M never knew the difference. Ah, the little deceptions we do as parents.


Each day since then, she has woken up and asked first thing if she is still four. I suppose going back to 3 would a cruel trick?

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

Awwwwww, how fun! Somehow I think she'd see that as pretty cruel to be back to 3...however as I age, I'm thinking that might not be so bad! :) Oh, what's in a number! :D

princessbride said...

Happy Birthday M! She looks so big in those pictures! I just learned of a lady chef who teaches you how to hide veggies in your cooking so kids will eat it. I might have to try that!