Friday, November 21, 2008

We Have Puppies!

I considered titling this, "I'm a Grandma", since that is what E says I am, but the idea is too painful to actually contemplate.

Anyhow. Pandora had her puppies! They were born on the 20th of November, right on her doggie due date. What a smart girl. She had 5 boys and 3 girls, and all are doing well. As you can see in the pic, they are all yellow and oh-so-cute. I was up all night playing midwife and crashed big time the next day. Pandora is an excellent mother, so excellent in fact that she won't go eat or drink unless I make her! And even then she is anxious to get back to her pups as soon as possible.

The kids are all enjoying seeing the puppies and spending some time with them. I know it will be tough for them to see them go to new homes, but to me that is not a reason to stop them from enjoying the pups now. They are completely aware that we are going to be selling all of the puppies, and I plan on involving them in that process as much as possible as well.

2 comments:

princessbride said...

The puppies are so cute and what a cool thing for your kids to witness. As we have two male dogs there will be none of that at our house! AAaawwww I want one! *looks outside at the two mutts* eh....maybe not!

Julie said...

Congratulations!!! They are so cute!!!!