Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yes We Did

Of course I am thrilled that Obama is the President-Elect. But that is not what this post is about. This post is about my dog, Pandora, and how I paid to breed her to a Standard Poodle. Pandora is a gorgeous yellow Lab (you can see her pic in my post about the local playground) with the best temperament and disposition of any dog I have ever encountered. She is a saint with my kids and has nothing but love and adoration for every member of the family. I was there when my sister's Labrador, Sunny, gave birth to Pandora and her siblings, and decided to do the same with my dog.

However, I went in a slightly different direction from my sister, and chose to breed Pandora to a Poodle to get Labradoodles. Yup, that's right folks- designer dogs. With a designer price tag, I might add. Anyhow, the breeding occurred a couple of months ago, and now I find myself with a very pregnant dog and puppies due in the next week or so. It is exciting and stressful all at the same time, but mostly exciting. The stress I am feeling right now is the fact that the whelping box has yet to arrive and I had to cobble together an adequate substitute with old baby gates and painter's drop cloths. Hey, I didn't say everything about this had to be designer!

Hopefully the box will come tomorrow and Pandora will hold off on whelping the pups until this weekend at the earliest. And I hope that when she does finally whelp, she has a litter of extremely healthy puppies!

2 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see the puppy pictures!!!!

princessbride said...

wow! you must post pics of the puppies!