Monday, November 24, 2008

Enter the Sickers

It's that time of year again, when runny noses and coughing abounds. Up until very recently, we have been rather lucky to only have a bit of a head cold go through the house every few weeks. But this weekend heralded the arrival of the real sickers- Miss E came down with a bad sore throat yesterday, and after taking a peek at it this morning and seeing red spots, I knew it was probably strep. Off to the Dr we went, where we received confirmation of strep throat and a prescrip for antibiotics. Now we are in waiting to see if it will limit itself to her or make it's rounds through some of the other kids. I am hoping that it does not, especially since this week is Thanksgiving and trips to the Dr on Thursday are not possible. Ya'll know Murphy, though, and are probably betting I can count on at least one sick kid coming down with a sore throat on that day.

2 comments:

princessbride said...

UGH! For once, I am glad you are far far away! Keep those germs thatta way! We had a really bad head/chest cold sweep through our house about two weeks ago and Korbin and Mimi are still getting over it. It was bad. I hope noone is sick in your house for Thanksgiving. That would be awful! I'm in charge of the mashed potatoes again this year God help me. I might call you in a panic again.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have strep in the house! We have strep as well, Sean came down with it yesterday and I too am wondering if it will make the rounds!

Lisa