Saturday, December 27, 2008

Slowing Down

One thing I love about the time between Christmas and New Year's is how the time seems to slow down a bit. Our family rarely does anything more ambitious then a trip to the grocery store during this time. Most of our days are spent at home, enjoying our nest and all of the new items we have feathering it. It becomes a time of relaxation and, in my case, reflection on the year soon to pass.

As this blog can attest to, we have had a lot of changes in 2008. Moving to a new state, getting a new house, and starting the kids in new schools was just one part of the overhaul our lives underwent this year. The bigger changes are the ones that may not be evident on the surface- my oldest child is entering his teenage years while my youngest is moving out of his babyhood, a time of childrearing that I will not go through again. Our family life has become deeper and much more satisfying, Nate and I are closer than ever even after almost *gasp* 16 years together, and we may finally be living in a country where all men truly are equal.

2008 will be a year that I will never forget. Every thing that changed, every thing that stayed the same, all wove together to make a year that was good to me and my family, and there is truly nothing more than that that I could ever want.

No comments: