Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Programs



O had a Christmas band performance a couple weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun to go to. Except for one thing- I had to bring all of the kids with me. Nate was in Los Angeles on a business trip, so my only option was to take them all or stay home. And there was no way I was going to miss O's concert! He had a solo, playing La Bamba on his baritone. It was awesome. Unfortunately, G started to act up during the concert and I had to take him into the hallway so he would not ruin the performance for everyone else. I was so bummed to miss out on half of the concert, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, right? I've already told Nate that I will be going to O's spring performance by myself so I can actually enjoy it.
M had one at her preschool as well. They sang 8 songs, which is rather impressive considering the age of these kids. It was the usual Nativity Story, with little kids dressed as angels and shepherd's, and even a baby doll Jesus. So cute. While on stage waiting for the show to begin, M enjoyed digging for treasure in her nose. It's moments like that that make being a mommy so rewarding!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

Well, Nicole, lol....after looking at all of Little B's pics from his program I'm seeing that his zipper was down the entire time! lol And then his "Oh, Mrs. ***** did you see my new shoes" during THE. MIDDLE. of his performance...yes, I'm a proud mommy too.

Glad O is enjoying his musical abilities also!

princessbride said...

I have often contemplated sitting down and keeping a journal of all the proud mommy moments I've had. LittlemissM's favorite thing to do is to dig for treasure....and then eat it.
She's recycling. I'm so proud.