Monday, December 15, 2008

Let it Snow!

We are having our first good snowfall of the year today, and the kids are loving it. It started snowing overnight, and kept up throughout the day. The mid-afternoon brought a bit warmer air temperatures, so a lot of what we had on the ground melted. Then the temps dropped again, and now the snow is starting to build up a bit.
I am so thrilled to have snow coming down! I really missed Winter in California- it just never seemed right to have a heat wave around the Holidays. Now with cold weather and snow, I feel like I am having my first real Christmas in years. I have been out catching snowflakes on my tongue, packing snowballs, and listening to the distinctive crunch-crunch-crunch of fresh snow under my feet.

Poor Nate is missing all of this fun! He flew to LA today and won't be back until Thursday night. I understand there has been some rain in LA, so at least he won't be dealing with weather shock when he returns.

Now the kids and I are hoping for a delayed start tomorrow, or, even better, a SNOW DAY!

1 comment:

princessbride said...

Yeah it rained pretty hard here yesterday. There was a fatality on the 60 freeway exit I use and they closed it all morning. But I am thrilled it is so cold right now! I think today is forecasted to be 54! That NEVER happens! Enjoy the snow and I want to see pictures of snow angels and a snowman!!!