Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sherwin-Williams Loves Me

My new favorite store is Sherwin-Williams. It is so much my favorite store that the people there call me by my first name and I by theirs. It's sort of like Cheers- I walk in the door and everyone hollers "Nicole!" It's nice to have them be so happy to see me and so helpful. Of course, considering that I dropped a grand there today alone, and have been in there almost every single day since last weekend buying supplies, they have good reason to treat me well. And yes, I even have a cash account with them that gets me a discount on each purchase.

As for what I am painting, so far the only finished room is the boys' bathroom. I painted it a light steel gray, and they have red and pewter towels, red rugs, and stainless steel accessories in there. Now I need to find a couple pieces of art for the wall and it will be finished. The girls' bathroom is posing a bigger challenge for me- it is a jack-and-jill bath, with three separate rooms. The color is a soft lavender, and their rugs and towels are celery green and storm blue. The shower curtain has soft stripes of blue, green, and purple on it, hence the colors for everything else. Their accessories are cool multi-colored affairs in blue-green-purple. I have painted only one part of the three rooms so far, sadly.

We decided to hire a painter to do our ground floor living area and also the upstairs common areas as well. At the rate I get a room painted, it would take me a couple of months to get these areas done! With cellular shades coming in two weeks, we need to have these areas painted now. Carlos starts tomorrow, and in a week we should have chocolate gray walls downstairs and sage green walls upstairs. During the time he is painting, I plan on painting as well, finishing the girls' bath, then doing G's room, and then M's. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

1 comment:

princessbride said...

WOW! That all sounds so beautiful! Make sure you take some before and after pictures.
And here I was just suggesting to mah honey that we paint the hallway to cover up some of the free-style artwork.