Monday, August 4, 2008

The Fine Albuquerque Police Department

Nate got pulled over the other day for speeding. He was on his way to the new house from the hotel, and was late meeting the movers. So naturally he was going a wee bit faster than he should have to try and get here faster. One of ABQ's finest pulled him over on I40, and gave him a severe tongue lashing.

(According to Nate, he had an accent like Boss Hogg from The Dukes of Hazzard, so hear that voice in your head while you read this to get the full effect.)

Cop: "What do you think you are doing driving like that?!"

Nate: "Sorry, I know I was going too fast. I am late to meet the movers at my new house."

Cop: "That's no excuse for speeding. I caught you going over 80 in a 65!! That is RIDICULOUS!!!!! YOU COULD KILL SOMEONE!!!!!"

Nate: "I know, I'm sorry, it was wrong."

Cop: "I know you people in California drive all crazy, but in Albuquerque we follow the laws! And now that you live here you better follow the laws too!!! I've got my eye on you, son. Now git!"

Yes, Nate got away with no ticket, only a lecture. He was lucky, LOL, and now he drives a bit slower.

I'm not entirely sure that the cop had an accent like that, but it sure does make the story more interesting.

On a side note, Albuquerque Magazine just had a feature about how much people get paid in and around ABQ. A police officer for the APD is listed as making 20K a year. Kind of low for a person that is responsible for protecting the safety of thousands of people, don't you think? And how do we explain that the head football coach for UNM makes over 900K a year, plus expenses? Priorities, people!

1 comment:

princessbride said...

Now GIT! LMBO!! And yes, I pictured Boss Hog in my head the whole time. That's great.