Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busy-ness

E is famous! E's Girl Scout Troop in CA participated in San Diego Zoo's Cans for Critters earlier this year, and now there is a picture of their troop up on the website.

This reminds me that I need to look into Girl Scouts out here for her, as well as LLL for me, and also get our vehicles registered, get new driver's licenses, find Dr's for all of us, transfer all of our prescriptions... And a thousand other little things that I have not done yet for all of the fun I have been having decorating our house. I guess the fun is over and now it is time to get to work!

Speaking of work, Nate goes back on Monday, the first day on the job here and his first day of work in 4 weeks. It has been very nice having him home, and I will miss all of his help with the kids. At the same time, though, I am looking forward to taking the next step in our lives here by settling into a routine during the days. Lately it has been rather haphazard, and that equals stress. I am in desperate need of a vacation!

Since a vacation is not in the cards, instead Nate and I will be going on a date on Saturday. Our Sales Rep has two daughters that both babysit, and we are having one of them over while we catch a movie. This is a new experience for us, having never had to use a babysitter for our children before since we lived so close to family. If we want to have a date in Duke City, then this is the way it is going to be!

No comments: