Friday, September 5, 2008

The Weather

Lately I have gotten several questions on what our weather has been like, so I figured I would take a moment to cover it here on the blog. First off, yes we live in the desert. Yes it does get hot. But it is high desert (we are over 5000ft in altitude here) so it's not like the Sahara or even Palm Springs. The Summer months of June-July-August are warm to hot, with the average high in the low 90's. Some days are hotter, some days are cooler. Nights are in the upper 60's to low 70's, which is nice after a hot day.

Now that we are moving towards Fall, the temperatures are going down. Highs are now in the 80's, with a day of low 70's and rain every so often. Nights are getting cooler too- last night our low was 50F. Today it will warm up to 88, and by next week we'll be back down in the 70's.

As for Winter, we have already been warned to buy a snow shovel before we need it. HOORAY! I do love me some snow, which I think means I will be the lucky one who gets to do the shoveling. ABQ does not get a lot of snow, and it usually only hangs around for a day at most. Every so often, though, they get a nice storm that can close schools for the day and require driveway clearing before we can leave the house. I can't wait!

No comments: