Friday, October 3, 2008

Me vs. ABQ

Every day I have started a new post, but every day I have deleted it after just a few lines. Seems that of all of us in the Eriksen clan, I am having the most trouble adjusting to our new life. It's been rather difficult to adjust to leaving my friends and the familiar parts of my life in Whittier. Although I love my new house and feel comfortable in it, I still feel awkward anywhere else. G has become the worst child to take in public, bar none, which means I spend my time housebound or in public and feeling miserable because he screams at the top of his lungs when things don't go his way. Which often happens. :) Add in all the extra time I am spending in the car dropping off and picking up kids, and my quality of life has taken a bit of a nosedive.

So in this epic battle of me vs. ABQ, I am not coming out the winner. Yet. I will though, since I am way too stubborn to accept anything less than victory!

In other news, tomorrow marks the first day of the Balloon Fiesta. I am looking forward to seeing hundreds of hot air balloons gracing the very big, very beautiful sky.

3 comments:

~Dinah said...

I hope you have fun at the Hot Air Balloon Event! I'm sorry you feel like you don't have a place yet in your new environment. Patience, right?

Nancy said...

Awww Nicole, sounds like the honeymoon has worn off. I'll keep ya in my prayers, that the tough times are short!

princessbride said...

I hope things improve. We are seriously considering Arizona.....
In the meantime...Disneyland is calling!!! *hint hint* Not sure if you've posted this already but I'd love a picture tour of your new town. I am friends with someone in Seattle and I asked her about their commuter trains. She thought I was crazy. I guess things are a bit different up there then they are here! Anyway....consider!