Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Today is Nate's birthday, and since I am not in the best of positions to do something fun and creative for him, my birthday present to him was time without M and G. I took them with me to the laundromat and he took the older two kids to the pool. Hopefully he has spent the past couple of hours marinating in the hot tub and relaxing, because as soon as he gets back I am locking myself in the adjoining bedroom and hiding for an hour or two.

M and G are really struggling with our living situation. As comfortable as the Hyatt is, it is still hard for little kids to stay here. They miss their toys, they miss their beds, they miss their routines. I miss those things of theirs as well! I can not wait until I can get them in our new house and put up a couple of security gates, and then we can all relax. I know, this is probably a pipe dream since they will not be used to our new place for a while and will still be cranky and difficult. But to maintain my current level of fragile sanity I need to believe this will all be better on Friday.

In a funny side note, the water store next to the laundromat had two signs up that said, "Parking is for Water Store Costumers Only." I watched and watched, but I saw no one dressed up enter or leave the store. And no one went in holding garment bags either. Darn.

1 comment:

princessbride said...

You guys are staying in a hotel? Aww man nice! Kinda like a mini vacation! How's the weather? oh, and Happy Birthday Nate! The other members of the old people club salute you!