Thursday, July 17, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

Our movers were scheduled to come for three days, two for packing and one for loading the truck. Yesterday at 9am two guys rolled in with stacks of boxes, sheets of papers, and more tape then you can find at Staples. Less than six hours later, our entire belongings were wrapped, boxed, labeled, and stacked. Things went so well that they do not need to return until tomorrow to load the truck, and now I find myself at loose ends with my baby G and very little to do. This sounds like a trip to the mall is in order- nothing like a new lip liner to commemorate our moving!

And I can't forget to mention that today is the anniversary of when my fabulous husband, Nate, and I got married, 11 years ago. It was a courthouse ceremony, complete with me in shortalls and finished right before Nate had to leave for work. An inauspicious start to our marriage, certainly, but somehow fitting- we never do things the classic way but in a way that works for us. And it has been working well for over a decade and a half! Happy Anniversary, baby, I love you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Sorry I'm late by one day. I really did mean to post yesterday, but then I got distracted, and then, well, you know.