Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Mini Vacay

Nate's mom came out to visit this past Saturday, and we decided to take advantage of having a babysitter in the house and went on a mini vacation. It wasn't a big trip- just to the Sheraton in Uptown Albuquerque, but after 5 months of no alone time for us it could have been on the moon. We spent the last three days relaxing, watching lots of episodes of 24 from previous seasons, going to the movies (more on that in a bit), and eating terrific food. Last night we had an Indian feast, and it was so incredibly delicious. I have not had Indian food since we moved here, and it was great to discover a terrific restaurant where I can indulge my love of Indian cuisine whenever I want.

Yesterday we went and saw "Watchmen" at the theater. Yes, Nathan worked on this movie for a couple of years, which was the reason why I wanted to go see it. Honestly, I was expecting a sort of campy, cheesey super hero film that tried really hard to be bad-ass and as gory as possible. What we saw, though, was an intense, gritty, dark, and very human movie about love, life, and personal motivations for how people choose to live their lives. It was gorgeously directed and produced, and I was enthralled from the opening credits to the end. Yes, it has super heros in it. Yes, it was violent, and deserved it's R rating. But it would not have been the same movie if they went for the PG-13 rating- it would have lost a lot of it's punch and realism. I highly recommend this movie, and look forward to seeing it again.

Considering how often we get out for dates, I am assuming I will be seeing the movie again once it is out on Blu-Ray.

No comments: